Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2011

Acid Relex Relief

 Acid Reflex Relief

What is Acid Reflex? It's a condition were (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the esophagus.

Now I am not a doctor,or a writer for that matter, and you have to love that spell checker.
But if you are anything like me you are very skeptical about all the medicine that doctor's prescribe to you.
I search and search for another method rather than taking a medication I may not be able to stop taking.

And if the doctor prescribes something to me I analyze it, and look for an alternative and after reading all the possible side effect it could cause.I try and find a better solution.
Recently I was told to take acid reflex medicine, and I was given a prescription for prilosec otc ( omeprazole magnesium delayed-release tablets 20.6 mg/acid reducer). This is a well known product to relieve frequent heartburn! Prilosec otc is to be used once a day ( every 24hours) ,every day for 14 days.

Inactive ingredients glyceryl monostearate,hydroxypropyl cellulose,hypromellose,ironoxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose. paraffin, polyethylene glycol 6000, polysorbate 80, polyvinylpyrrolididone, sodium stearyl fumarate, starch, sucrose,talc,titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate.

OK that is just the ingredients so I was reluctantly, I didn't want to take it.
No reasons just wasn't excited about having to take something every day to relieve my acid reflex problem.

 So here is some of my remedies that I have come up with. And you don't have to take them every day unless you have symptoms.

"Now for some people these may or may not be your answer, but for me they worked.
So I wanted to share them with you".

1) Organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. I used Bragg Organic Raw- Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar With The Mother

( Ingredients certified organic, raw apple cider vinegar and purified water.diluted to 5% acidity).
Now those sounded like good ingredients without all the chemical effects. and it worked great for me. But you can use any other organic raw unfiltered one you want. this will calm down your acid reflex with in a few minutes and in a few days you should notice a big difference. " well it did for me any ways." How to use the vinegar take 2 tsp in a 8 oz glass of water. But if you don't like the taste of vinegar you could add some honey to it. ( ooo ya it's gluten-free to for people who have a hard time with gluten).

2) Mustard
(Ingredients water,distilled vinegar,mustard seed,salt and turmeric)
That's right I said mustard 1 tsp of mustard in an 8 oz glass of water will help ease acid reflex ( Bonus a tsp. of mustard is great for charlie horses). " without that ache cramp feeling the next day. within 5 minutes".

 3) I'm sure everyone has heard of this kitchen favorite (Baking Soda )
( Ingredients sodium bicarbonate)
Baking soda states right on the box that it is good for heartburn,acid indigestion,sour stomach and upset stomach due to these symptoms. take a 1/2 tsp. of baking soda in a( 1/2 cup) 4oz glass of water will ease up acid reflex.

4) You will want to elevated your bed and sleep on your left side at night. There is studies suggesting this theory. I for one have had my bed slightly elevated and it does help all I did was place a few extra pillows under the mattress. Also you don't want to sleep on your back that is the worse thing you could do.The acid just backs up and makes you feel worse.

5) You could take a 1 tsp of olive oil"
 ( Ingredients olive oil)
Now when I did this it was pretty (gross) but it works to coat your esophagus and you will feel better.

But as you can see I tried this last. The one that worked the best for me was the Apple cider.
Now I tried regular out of the store apple cider." for just curiosity" But truthfully it wasn't the same as the organic as far as really working.But as you can clearly see why my choices were one of these 4 rather then the Prilosec otc. All the ingredients of the last 4 items don't even come close as to what is in the prescription brand Prilosec. Not to mention the 4 natural items are not expensive.

And the organic vinegar goes for about $3.99 for a 16 fl oz. and it last a long time.( You can find Organic Apple Cider Vinegar locally in most health food store.)

Well I really hope this helps you, as it helped me out.
I will post more home remedies as I find them and I always try them out first before posting online.
"I don't believe in saying anything I don't believe is true".

Bonus Apple cider vinegar also removes warts. ( for me it did) All I did was take a cotton ball soaked in vinegar and (wart was on finger) wrap cotton ball around finger and secured with a band-aid. I did this for 3 consecutive days and wart was gone. You will have to keep replacing new vinegar soaked band-aids daily, but it beats getting an over counter remedy if you don't have to.

Also I want to tell you I have tried other myths they include.
Burying raw hamburg in back yard (myth)

banana peel ( may work some not enough though) raw potato ( yes the acid eats it away but it comes back).

And last but not least  sea salt ( coarse sea salt applied straight to wart and secured with band-aid) this works and you can see it eating away at your wart but takes a long time to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment